FOREST CITY — It was a joyous night at First Baptist Church in Forest City on Tuesday as eight Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy (TJCA) students were recognized at the Burgundy and Gold Scholarship Banquet for their outstanding work in academics and extracurriculars. Those students were Maylan Maxwell, Ryan Byrd, Jennie Conner, Nathan Halliday, James Hamrick, Michaela “Lexi” Sewell, Katrina Shauf, and Annmarie Willis.
The Burgundy and Gold Scholarship Committee has been awarding scholarships to TJCA seniors since 2012 and on Tuesday, was able to give out over $27,000 in scholarships.
Below is a list of the students and the scholarships they received:
- Maylan Maxwell - Burgundy and Gold Scholarship
- Ryan Byrd - Legacy Scholarship
- Annmarie Willis - STEM Scholarship
- Michaela “Lexi” Sewell - Courage Scholarship
- Jennie Conner - Fine Arts Scholarship
- Nathan Halliday - Gryphon Athletic Scholarship
- James Hamrick - One Love Scholarship
- Katrina Shauf - Sally Harbin Humanities Scholarship
TJCA Executive Director Jason Cole spoke at the event and had high praises for the scholarship recipients.
“These students deserve each of the recognitions they received,” he said.
Current board member Sally Harbin was also recognized for her tireless work with TJCA since its inception.